Some days are better than others, folks. Some days are Funnel Cake Day!!! I have a deep and abiding love of funnel cake. As a kid, I counted the days until the annual fire department carnival, mostly because it was the nearest source of funnel cake. It’s my one must-hit, gotta-have-it fair food at any state or county fair or carnival to this day. Developing this easy funnel cake recipe has made it possible to indulge my nostalgia for those times at home. A both wonderful and dangerous situation!
Making this deliciously sweet treat at home is a lot easier than you think. The batter goes together just like a pancake batter, you scoop some into a funnel, and then just swirl and squiggle into the oil. A minute or so on each side and it’s done! Don’t forget the powdered sugar, the extra sweetness makes these a perfect treat.
Simple and Delicious Funnel CakeCourse: 4th of July, Cakes, Desserts, Fall, Holidays, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Recipe, Snacks, Summer, VegetarianCuisine: American
Funnel Cake is absolutely delicious, and so quick and easy to make at home.
1 1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
Vegetable oil for frying
Confectioner’s sugar for dusting
- Whisk together eggs, milk and vanilla until foamy.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Add to wet ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Heat 2 inches of frying oil to 360F.
- Pour 1/2 cup of batter into a funnel, with your finger over the hole at the bottom.
- About an inch above the oil surface, remove your finger and let the batter drop into the oil, swirling the batter around and over itself to make sure it stays together in a cake.
- Fry 1-2 minutes on each side and remove to drain on a rack or paper towels.
- Cool slightly and dust with confectioners sugar.
I love to see what you’re cooking. Tag me at #jessiescozykitchen or @jessiescozykitchen on Facebook and Instagram!