It’s back to school day in our house! My guys are starting their first and last years of high school today, and I’m still trying to figure out where time went.
One place time did NOT go is into our morning routine. The 6:30 bus pickup is brutal, and doesn’t leave a lot of time for cooking breakfast. Quick and easy recipes are high on the agenda, and even better when they can be prepped the night before.
These french toast casserole muffins with bacon are perfect for rushed mornings. Put together the night before, they only require a slide of the muffin pan into the oven to have a hot and delicious breakfast ready while you do all of the other things morning requires.
French Toast Muffins with BaconCourse: Breakfast, Fall, Pork, WinterCuisine: American
French Toast Muffins with Bacon are a quick, easy and delicious breakfast that can be put together the night before.
1.5 cups of milk
1/2 cup cream (either light, heavy or whipping is fine)
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tsp vanilla extract
1.5 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of salt
12 slices of stale bread, cubed
4 slices of cooked bacon, crumbled
- Whisk together eggs, milk, cream, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon and salt until well mixed.
- Add in bread and bacon, stir together. Let sit for about 5 minutes, until the bread absorbs the liquid.
- Spoon into a greased muffin tin, cover and refrigerate overnight (optional, you can certainly bake immediately).
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown and puffed.
- Top with powdered sugar and/or serve with maple syrup if desired.
I love to see what you’re cooking. Tag me at #jessiescozykitchen or @jessiescozykitchen on Facebook and Instagram!